My work approaches the mechanisms and techniques of representation that build our experience of reality, through a critical process of questioning and challenging hegemonic narratives and the forms by which they are presented. By using a multidisciplinary approach that employs several art disciplines and fields of knowledge, I start at my own personal experience and reflection about the subject’s relationships with social, cultural and political structures. By addressing the past, I can think about the present and the social reactions arising from hegemonic situations, and relations of power and resignificance.
My artistic practice is focused on the political, historical, social and cultural situations characterized by their exclusion from official narratives, by their concealment from the field of the sensible - that is, what is visible, what is audible, what can be perceived- , by their oblivion within History, and tries to recover forgotten memories to confront the reasons behind their concealment and the conflicts underlying their repression. I try to read their topology by deciphering their history and implications with the physical and socio-political contexts and their consequences and relationships with the individual.
- Open (C)all: TRUTH. Group exhibition at BRIC Art Media House, Brooklyn, New York
- Premio Mardel de Artes Visuales (Mardel Visual Arts Award). Exhibition at Centre del Carme, Valencia, Spain
- Summer Grand Salon Show. Group exhibition at The Greenpoint Gallery, Brooklyn, New York
- Atlas de las Ruinas de Europa / Atlas of the Ruins of Europe. Exhibition at CentroCentro, Madrid, Spain
- La Antiespaña. Group exhibition at ABM Confecciones, Madrid, Spain
- Intransit. Art Residency. Museo del Traje, Madrid, Spain
- Vidas Trans y 100 Artistas /Trans’ Lives and 100 Artist. Casa de Vacas, El Retiro, Madrid.
- Amados Mios. Exhibition of curator Jesús Gironés’ collection at Mira Cultural Space in Pozuelo, Madrid, Spain
- La isla Utopia.”Paisajes de una guerra”. Group exhibition and publication. Casa de Velázquez, Madrid, Spain
- En realidad. Group exhibition. El Foro. Madrid, Spain
- Cuerpo y Poder. Pasaje Fuencarral 77. Group exhibition. Sponsored by Germany’s Embassy.
- Action Art International Meetings AcciónMad'14, MataderoMadrid, Spain
- Salón de Verano. group exhibition at Cultural Center of Moncloa, Madrid, Spain
- AcciónMad'14 at Sala de Arte Joven 2.0 de la Comunidad de Madrid, Spain
- Grant "XII Becas Roberto Villagraz", Finalist. EFTI International Center of Photography and Film, Madrid, Spain
- Resistencia Exhibition at El Foro, Madrid,Spain
- Mínimos. Group exhibition at Galería Cero, EFTI International Center of Photography and Film, Madrid, Spain
- Ductus. Gestos y Artefactos. Group exhibition at the national Museum MUSEO DEL TRAJE -Research Center of the Ethnological Heritage, Madrid, Spain
- SeAlquila Mercado. Group exhibition at Mercado de la Cebada, Madrid, Spain
- DesnudosDos, Group show at El Foro, Madrid,Spain